The following are building permit requirements when applying for permits in Val Verde County (if property location is within Amistad Land Use and zoning order area):
- Delineation of 100 year Flood Plain if existing
- Payment of $100 fee (check or money order only)
- Provide complete set of building plans
- Provide legal description of property
- Provide the Plot Design that shows all structures (aerobic include spray area)
- Provide proof of legal owner
- Provide survey (if 5 acres or less)
We will complete the application form and will need both home owner and contractor’s signatures.
During the application process we have a checklist to do before we issue a Building Permit:
- Verify batter boards
- Verify plot design
- Verify survey pins
Please be advised, Permits will be issued only when all necessary documentation has been provided. If a residence is being constructed or placed on the property it must be inspected prior to occupancy.