How does a government agency get copies of criminal records?
A government agency may obtain the most efficient service by faxing a request on the agency’s official letterhead to (830) 774-7643. If not already displayed on your letterhead, please include a return mailing address and contact person to address returned service. Also, please let us know if your needs require a mailed certified copy or whether a faxed copy is sufficient. You may also obtain this information by writing on your official letterhead to Val Verde County District Clerk, Attn: Criminal Department, P.O. Box 1544, Del Rio, Texas 78841. In fulfilling all requests, please include the defendant’s name(s), case (cause) number(s) and item(s) you want returned. (e.g. case(cause) #1234567 - Certified Copy of Judgment and Sentence).

Show All Answers

1. The Court deferred adjudication of my guilt and placed me on probation and my probation has since been terminated. Is this record available to potential employers, etc?
2. How can I file for a Petition of Non-Disclosure of my deferred adjudication?
3. Where do I go to file charges against someone who has committed a crime?
4. I was a victim of a criminal offense. Where can I go to get information or assistance concerning the status or outcome of the case (cause)?
5. How do I expunge my criminal case (cause)?
6. How does a government agency get copies of criminal records?