The Human Resources Department is committed to providing employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Val Verde County.
Above all, employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Val Verde County customer. As employees of Val Verde County it is our goal to:
- Develop an attitude of teamwork and quality in our day to day operations
- Create an atmosphere which fosters challenges, fun, safety, and cleanliness
- Seize opportunities which demonstrate excellent execution, caring attitude, and a sense of urgency.
- Reduce waste by vigorously pursuing continuous improvement activities
- Commit to doing, to acting openly, equitably and consistently in our pursuit of uncompromising quality
- Increase participation in Val Verde County and community activities while seeking knowledge, enthusiasm, and an improved quality of life for ourselves, co-workers, and the community
- Respect team member values which may be different from our own
- Accept responsibility for promoting ethical and legal conduct in personal and business practices
- Communicate in a candid and fair manner with the diverse work force from whom Val Verde County derives its strength
“We will meet our mission through speed, simplicity, and self-confidence.”